MY REAL TECHNIQUES STARTER KIT IS FINALLY HERE!
Actually it got here around a month back but I got a chance to use it a few times recently on myself and a friend so I'm finally reviewing after my exams.(Phew!)
What they say about the brushes:
Eye definition goes high definition with our revised starter set.
- Base shadow brush: applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color.
- Deluxe crease brush: soft, oversized design for effortless contouring.
- Accent brush: for precision detailing, highlighting and smudging
- Fine liner brush: for precision application of liquid of cream eyeliner.
*Offers a more “fine” tip that allows for even more control than before
- Brow brush: distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows.
Thanks to The Brand Hub I got my hands on these brushes at an amazing price :D It arrived within a few days only, perfectly bubble wrapped, (which was SO much fun to pop!)
These little beauties were designed by Samantha Chapman who is one of the sisters running the famous Youtube channel Pixiwoo. They are amazing, you should definitely follow them! Sad how Youtube doesn't work here, I'm missing out on so much!*sigh*
They have come out with different sets of brushes and each color represents the different use - Gold for the face, Pink for the finishing touches and the ones I have are Purple which are for your eyes! Since I'm all about the eyes, I just had to get these!
As listed above, this set contains 5 brushes. I'll try to explain the quality and the use of these brushes as best as I can!
1) Deluxe Crease Brush: This is definitely one of the reasons most people purchase this set. It's a bit over sized which gives the perfect grip and is much easier to handle. The bristles are extremely soft that surprisingly pack on a lot of product. It's a great brush for contouring and enhancing the shape of your eye as it doesn't eat away the product but it blends out the edges flawlessly. Although due to it's big size, I'm not too sure about using it as a crease brush for people with small eyes..hmm.
2) Base Shadow Brush: As the name says, many people use this brush for applying the base, however since it has a pointy tip, I do use it to define the crease line or to enhance the outer corner of my eye. Again, the bristles are soft, easy to hold and move around.
3) Accent Brush: I was really looking forward to this brush in particular, and it did not fail me! I wanted a brush that I could use to smudge my liner on my upper and lower lash line and this does a really good job in doing exactly that! Not only that, but it's THE brush to use to highlight the inner corner of your eyes.
4) Fine Liner Brush: I don't normally use a brush like this to line my eyes as I prefer an angled brush. But I did try to use this brush to line my eyes and even as a lip liner. It's a reasonably good brush and does what the name claims.
5) Brow Brush: This handy brush is angled which is my favourite kind to fill the brows and for lining your eyes. I use this for both purposes and I love how it holds the product, be it powder for the brows or a gel liner for your eyes.
Now let's talk about the panoramic case. It's quite a clever design I must say. As you can see in the picture above, there is space on the side to add more of your favourite brushes! However one teeny tiny flaw I find is that its not as easy to put the brushes back in as it to take the brushes out! It's not a big deal to be honest but when I'm doing makeup I like to go in a sort of a flow and to put the brushes back in as soon as I'm done using them, so when I struggle a bit to put them back in, it sort of ruins the tempo :P But then again, that is a flaw on my part too, so can't complain I guess, hehe.
The surprising little perks of this set!
1) You can fold the case backwards so it's easy to hold. To make it even easier, there's a vulcro at the back!
2) The vulcro is also used to close the case and theres a handle to carry it! Isn't that cute? SO easy to just pop it in my makeup bag and carry it around everywhere! Very travel friendly!
3) It comes with a toggle that you can pull which turns the case into a stand. It's perfect as I can put the brushes in front of me for display :D
Whether you're a professional mua or a beginner, especially if you're a beginner, this is the brush set to purchase. It consists of all the brushes you can possibly need to create any possible look and are extremely good for their price. I'm extremely happy with these brushes and I can't wait to try out the others! I got mine from The Brand Hub so get yours now!
PeachyPout rates these brushes a:
Wooohoo! Glad to have these in my collection! :D
Have you tried these brushes out?
What other brushes from Real techniques should I buy next?